The Roost Podcast is on to Episode 3 where your hosts Carter and Matthew walk through the Rice Football special teams and interview special guest Jack Fox.
We’re now two-thirds of the way through the Rice football roster. In the first two episodes, we hit on the Owls’ schedule and the offensive personnel. This week we talked through the special teams units with a guest appearance from one of the Owls’ most impressive specialists, Jack Fox. Next week we’ll turn out attention to the defense. Until then, check out the show.
Give a listen to Episode 3 below.
Episode 3 Notes
- Punters — With Jack Fox in the NFL, grad transfer Adam Nunez and senior Chris Barnes are battling for the starting punter spot. Could they both play a role this season?
- Kickers — It’s relatively early in fall camp. Has either Zach Hoban or Will Harrison done enough to separate themselves?
- Long snapper — It’s probably worth pointing out that a solid minute was devoted to Rice football’s long snapper, Cam Riddle.
- Returners — Several names are in the mix to return kicks this year, but the punt job remains Austin Trammell’s. Both units have the pieces to take steps forward in 2019.
- Owls in the NFL – Following the conversation with Jack, we take a look at some of the former Rice Football stars playing in the NFL. Kudos to Austin Walter for a strong debut with the San Francisco 49ers.
Where can you find us?join The Roost. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes, player interviews and recruiting updates. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- The Roost Podcast | Episode 3 – 2019 Rice Football special teams preview
- Rice Football: New-look offensive line gelling in fall camp
- Rice Football: Jack Fox shines in NFL debut
- Rice Football: Safety battle a source of strength for Owls’ secondary