Carter and Matthew work through the Louisiana Tech loss before transitioning to a preview of the UAB. Owls fans have reason for hope after a tough loss.
The Rice football offense came out fast, but went away quietly in the second half against Louisiana Tech. In Episode 10 Carter and Matthew talk further about why the Owls remain committed to the concept of Intellectual Brutality and what we should take away from the overtime defeat. Then they transition to the upcoming game against UAB. You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page.
Give a listen to Episode 10 below.
Episode 10 Notes
- News and notes — With next week marking the midpoint of the season, we’re going to do a Q&A portion in next week’s show. Leave a question in the comments, on twitter (@TheRoostPod) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Player updates — Wiley Green is the QB1 and Chris Barnes will assume both punting and kicking duties.
- Breaking down the Louisiana Tech game — The good and the bad from both sides of the ball in what was a frustrating loss to Louisiana Tech. A few standout players get shoutouts and we take a look at what sort of things Rice has to clean up if they’re going to win a conference game soon.
- Previewing the UAB game — Tyler Johnston and Spencer Brown are names to know for the Blazers who are relatively young on both sides of the ball. Despite being defending Conference USA Champs, UAB might actually be a better matchup for Rice than Louisiana Tech was last week.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Become a member and join The Roost. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes, player interviews and recruiting updates. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Conference USA Football 2019: Week 11 C-USA Roundup
- Rice Basketball: Owls overcome early deficit, blast Penn in home opener
- Rice Women’s Basketball: Owls cruise past Little Rock
- Rice Football Recruiting: Owls keep pushing on 2020 and 2021 classes 🔒