Conference USA play is here. Carter and Matthew recap Rice Football vs Baylor before jumping into the Owls’ Week 5 game with Louisiana Tech.
The Rice football nonconference schedule was brutal. Sitting at 0-4, the Owls are ready to flip the script and have that opportunity against a familiar opponent. Miss part of the journey? You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page.
In Episode 9, Carter and Matthew assess the good and the bad from the Baylor loss and breakdown how that should translate into the start of Conference USA play. Saturday’s game kicks off at Rice Stadium on Sep. 28 at 6:00 pm.
Give a listen to Episode 9 below.
Episode 9 Notes
- News and notes — Thanks to TFW for writing a review on iTunes. Your words and your stars help! Leave a review wherever you listen, we might just read it on the show.
- Breaking down the Baylor game — What’s the problem with the Rice offense and can conference play offer a respite from the heightened level of athleticism the Owls have faced thus far. Should there be significant concerns or will things get better soon? And what do you do with two quarterbacks?
- Previewing the Louisiana Tech game — How do the Owls matchup with the Bulldogs? What will the team need to do to keep the Louisiana Tech offense from having a big game led by quarterback J’Mar Smith. That and a few names to note on the defensive side of the ball for the Bulldogs.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Become a member and join The Roost. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes, player interviews and recruiting updates. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Football 2019: Owls in the NFL Week 7 Update
- Rice Football: Familiar problems doom Owls to familiar results
- Conference USA Football 2019: Week 8 C-USA Roundup
- Rice Football: Fourth quarter lead disappears as Owls lose to UTSA